Code review analytics (PREMIUM)
Moved to GitLab Premium in 13.9.
Code review analytics displays a table of open merge requests that have at least one non-author comment. The review time is the amount of time since the first comment by a non-author in a merge request.
You can use code review analytics to view review metrics per merge request and improve your code review process.
- A high number of comments or commits may indicate:
- Code that is too complex.
- Authors who require more training.
- A long review time may indicate:
- Types of work that move slower than other types.
- Opportunities to accelerate your development cycle.
- Few comments and approvers may indicate a lack of available team members.
View code review analytics
- You must have at least the Reporter role.
To view code review analytics:
- On the top bar, select Main menu > Projects and find your project.
- On the left sidebar, select Analytics > Code Review.
- Optional. Filter results:
- Select the filter bar.
- Select a parameter. You can filter merge requests by milestone and label.
- Select a value for the selected parameter.
The table shows up to 20 merge requests in review per page, and includes the following information about each merge request:
- Merge request title
- Review time
- Line changes