Read-only namespaces (FREE SAAS)
In GitLab SaaS, a top-level namespace is placed in a read-only state when it either:
- Exceeds the free user limit when the namespace visibility is private.
- Exceeds the storage usage quota, regardless of namespace visibility.
While a namespace is in a read-only state, a banner appears at the top of the page.
Your ability to write new data to read-only namespaces is restricted. For more information, see Restricted actions.
Remove the read-only state
To restore a namespace to its standard state, you can:
- For exceeded free user limits:
- Reduce the number of members in your namespace.
- Start a free trial, which includes an unlimited number of members.
- Purchase a paid tier.
- For exceeded storage quota:
|Container Registry||Create, edit, and delete cleanup policies
Push an image to the container registry
|Merge Requests||Create and update an MR|
|Package Registry||Publish a package|
Create new branches
Create and update commit status
Push and force push to non-protected branches
Push and force push to protected branches
Create merge requests
|CI/CD||Create, edit, admin, and run pipelines
Create, edit, admin, and run builds
Create and edit admin environments
Create and edit admin deployments
Create and edit admin clusters
Create and edit admin releases
|Namespaces||For exceeded free user limits: Invite new users|